Great organizations termed as 10X organizations by Jim Collins in his book Great by Choice are relentless, monomaniacal and unyielding in focusing on their quests.
They set focused consistent targets for both good and bad times.As a result of this they sacrifice on the enticement of aiming too high during good times , a mistake made by comparison companies..
Such organisational attributes leads to what is called the 20 Mile March. A good 20 Mile March has the following characteristics:
– clear performance markers;
– self-imposed constraints;
– are appropriate and specific to the enterprise;
– are within the company’s control to achieve;
– are bound by a time frame
– are imposed by the company upon itself; and
– achieved with high consistency.