Adopted from the following great insight shared by David Rock from the book Your Brain at Work
Great tips on producing desired email communication..
1. Emails should contain as few words as possible.
2. Make it easy to see your central point at a glance, in one screen.
3. Never send an email that could emotionally affect another person unless it’s pure positive feedback.
4. Emotional issues must be discussed by phone; email should be used only to book a time for a call.
5. If you accidentally break rule number four, phone the person immediately, apologize, and discuss the issue by phone.